Monday, November 26, 2007

funny stuff/thanksgiving

One night we were all in bed watching friends (nightly tradition) and all of the sudden CRASH. Weenie started barking like there was no tomorrow. My heart was racing. We both jumped up and started to slowly walk to the front room. My first thought was, how the heck could somebody get in without us hearing? Trent flipped on the light and come to find out our haunted house just fell apart. I was mostly relieved but somewhat sad. The roof came right off and fell onto weenies food and water bowls. That was the loud crashing sound.
Saturday night we went to Culvers (awesome drive thru) and got dinner and Trent got a shake. Weenie was whining the whole time he was eating it so when he was done he let him lick it. Isn't that funny, he stuck his whole face in the cup. haha
This was some of our Thanksgiving dinner. We decided to cook a ham and forgo the turkey. It was just us and neither one of us really loves turkey. It was the best ham I have ever had. Then I cooked green bean casserole and a sweet potato casserole (trent loaded on the marshmallows) we also had green salad and regular mashed potatoes and leave it to me to forget the stove top. Whoops! I also attempted to make pies for the first time. Trent loves apple pie so I made that and it turned out awesome. I also tried a pumpkin whipped filling and it didn't work out so well. You are supposed to let it chill for 4 hours, but it never set up so I threw it away. Next year I'll probably just stick to regular pumpkin pie. I am so grateful for everything in my life. I have the best husband, who is such a hard worker and extremely good looking! I have a great job and we have made some wonderful friends out here. I am grateful for my family and for my wonderful parents who are in England for the next 2 and a half years (my dad was called to be a mission president). My amazing inlaws who always take care of us, no matter where we are. And for all our wonderful friends who are always so supportive and caring. HAPPY THANKSGIVING
Trent loved the ham so much he picked at it all night. This picture I caught him red handed. It was a very nice thanksgiving. Our first holiday alone. It wasn't as lonely as I thought it was going to be. Probably because I was still sick so I laid around after all the cooking was done, and a little in between. It was nice to relax together (we don't get to spend much time together). But I am really looking forward to going to Trent's parents house in Utah for Christmas. Only 3 weeks to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yesterday after church Trent finished off the Sprite that we had left over from Thanksgiving and Weenie loves the bottles. So Trent took the wrapping off and let him have it. He carried it around like he was the king of the world. The 2 liter is almost as big as he is. Also in church yesterday the first counselor asked if he could see us after the meeting. We met with him and he asked us two things. 1)if Trent (just trent) would speak in church Sunday Dec. 9) and 2)if we could be the sunbeam teachers. So here it is, we finally after 4 months of being in the ward got a calling. Last year we were in the nursery, well the sunbeams are the kids coming right out of nursery, so I guess we will take one step up on our callings at a time. Wish us luck because there are 10-12 kids moving up in January. I though I had gotten out of speaking for another Sunday but later he came up to me and said the youth speaker can not speak that Sunday, so could you fill in? Yep, so I will be up there speaking with Trent. awesome!

6 comments:

Lauren said...

Hooray for an update! I'm so glad that you didn't have a real "intruder". That would've been so scary. Funny about Weenie with the Culver's cup and the pop bottle. He seems like a fun puppy. Your Thanksgiving looks great! I'm sure it was yummy!

April said...

Love the updates. I am sad that you had to spend Thanksgiving alone, but it looks like you had such a good time, and wow, what cooks you are, it looks great.
And that weenie, oh my so stinkin' funny.
Also, good luck with sunbeams, I always wonder why they put newlyweds in that position, its definetly good birth control. Can't wait to see you guys.

Unknown said...

Yay for the sunbeams! Gage is going into sunbeams so we are excited for him. :) When are you guys going to be in Utah? We are going to be there the 17th thru the 25th so hopefully we can all get together!

Bob said...

Right on!

April said...

I love the new blog. So cute, it was fun to do huh, it took me awhile only because everytime I downloaded a paper, it wouldn't work. So cute. Love it.

Lauren said...

Way to go on the backgrounds! So glad that you figured it out!