Friday, January 30, 2009

shooting? me?? really???

awhile back trent and i decided we wanted a gun. mostly for me when i'm home alone. i have only shot a couple rifles with my brother bens friends dad (seth). let me tell you hand guns are COMPLETELY different. the first time i shot my mind was racing, like-i should not have this gun in my hand, what if i accidentally shoot the wall and it ricochets back and hurts one of us. but as i kept shooting i got more comfortable and then it was super fun. if you look at the target in the background my very first shot was right in the chest close to the heart. i guess i'm a natural!
trent is awesome too. he can shoot one after the other and i still really struggle with that.


sayward came with us-thanks for tagging along. she has never shot a gun either and was pretty nervous but look how awesome we did. i think the holes outside the body were trents shots. haha just kidding, i'm sure they were mine!

this guy next to us packed his own bullets and didn't do it right so every time he shot he put off this nasty smoke smell and smelly was getting a little sick. poor say baby.
ps-this is one of my good good friends from college.

this is our friend nick who came with us to show us how and what to do. he is pretty much a gun guru and we wanted his expertise on getting the perfect gun for me. thanks so much nick for all your help and time. it was really fun.

ok-i just wanted to fill everybody in on my feelings about guns. i am not totally against them but have never really felt it necessary for me or us to have one, until that guy opened my screen door last fall. I try not to think about how defenseless I was or how easy it would have been for him to hurt me, but it really scared me. and the chances of us moving to a place where we know nobody is very high, and chances of me having to spend some nights alone is also high. SO-if someone does decided to invade my home they will not be able to hurt me. i don't want to be defenseless and risk getting hurt or my kids being hurt. i will be prepared to defend my home and my safety.

4 comments:

Lisa M said...

Nice! way to go em!!! Guns can be pretty scary but you sure do feel alot safer knowing you have one in the house if anything bad happens.

Wendy said...

You go girl! I love shooting guns (not at people, just at targets, clay pigeons etc. don't get any ideas)! I'm glad you have something to protect yourself with, just make sure the safety is always on!

Sarah B. said...

Oh the many things couples can do to bring them closer together. This activity is at the top of my hubby's list! Great job, Em!

Katie said...

Hey girl! Yeah, I'm just living at home 'till I leave. I was supposed to report April 30th, but we got it moved up to March 18th! It's just around the corner, and I can't wait!