Thursday, August 21, 2014

April-Disneyland

Getting ready to board the plane.  It's been a dream of mine ever since Trent took me to Disneyland way back when to take our children.  Little did I know boarding the plane that it would really truly be a dream vacation.
The girls couldn't have been any better on the 3 hour flight.  For some reason Maci kept putting things down her shirt.
We got off to a great start and the girls (Mya) couldn't wait to see Grandma.  I have said it before but I have the best inlaws.  We mentioned to them we were thinking of taking the girls to Disney and asked them if they would be interested in going.  They didn't skip a beat in responding YES!  Not only did they drive to California but they planned their drive so that they could be at the airport to pick us up and take us back when it was time to go home.
Trent found us an awesome place to stay only two blocks from Disney.  It had a kids suite.  Mya was so excited to get the top bunk.  Maci slept in the pack n play and the 4 adults slept in the other room.  It was so nice to put the kids to bed and then the adults could do whatever.  However, the doors to the kids room was glass so it was a bit tricky but the kids were pretty exhausted at the end of each day they would conk out on the walk home.
We got to California pretty early in the morning and so after we had lunch we took a stroll to Downtown Disney.  The girls loved the lego store.  It was pretty hot and we would soon find out it was the hottest three days California would have to date.  But I think I'd rather it be hot than freezing cold.
We quickly found out our assumption was right.  The girls cared more about the characters and princess' than rides.  I'm ok with that because I'm not a huge fan of rides.  I'll go on the wimpy ones:) So it was our mission to find as many characters as we could.  I was uber disappointed on the first day as goofy and Merida were the only ones we could find.
Mya hadn't even seen Brave yet but was just enamored by a real live princess.  When she was done she said Meridia (she is 100 percent positive it's not Merida but Meridia) has a funny voice.  She has a scottish accent.  It was super cute.  I didn't think Maci would care that much.  I figured she was probably too small.  Boy was I wrong.  She was absolutely thrilling to watch with the princess'.
We did catch a few rides on the first day.  There was never a line for the teacups and the girls loved them so we did them a few times:)
Cinderellas castle.  Mya was a little disappointed it was only a walk thru castle and she couldnt look around.  I didn't get any more pictures of the rest of the first day.  I ended up with heat stroke and took Maci and went back to the room.  Trent, Mya and his mom stayed.  They took Mya on space mountain and she hated it and cried.  Poor girl.  But they watched the parade and Mya couldn't stop talking about it.  Day 2 coming up next.





 




0 comments: