Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Finally

Well we actually made it. It took 25 hours and about 1500 miles. We did it in two days only driving 7 hours the first day and 18 the next day. We arrived in Lafayette, Indiana at 2:30 in the morning. Everyone was very tired and sick of being in the car. Sorry, there are no pictures of this (packed the camera). The next day we spent the WHOLE day unpacking the car and apartment. Once we got the tv set up Trent discovered that we got free tv. We were both very excited, we are just waiting until they figure it out and cancel it. Cross your fingers that they don't. We finally after almost three weeks have the internet, that was miserable. Two days after we arrived here I had an interview, it went great and he offered me the job on the spot. I work at a kitchen and bath design place. So far I love it! The one big difference between here and Utah is EVERYBODY swears and it just doesn't matter. My boss says the "s" word and "gosh danget" and that "s.o.b." Everyone is definatley very laid back here. I can't wear jeans and tennis shoes to work if I wanted. It is very nice though because there is just no pressure. Trent is liking school and is getting very busy, I am seeing him less and less. Last week it rained everyday with flash flood warnings and tornado warnings. I guess there are tornados here frequently. I am a little scared. We don't have a couch yet so we are still sitting on the floor but it is supposed to be delivered Friday, YEAH!!!!!!!! Once I get the apartment more settled in, I will take some pictures of it. We met some people a couple apartments over that have a mini weenie and so we hang out with them and let the dogs play and we go play tennis. Our house is under contract and is supposed to close Sept. 24th. So everybody cross your fingers. Well I guess that is enough for now! Oh yeah, Happy 2cd birthday to my nephew Justin, check out my link of Matt and Lyndsi!

1 comments:

April said...

We're glad you made it safely. Watch out for the tornados, that would seriously scare me to death. You'll be fine. And yes, I'll pray for you that they don't cancel the tv, its nice to have to relax. I'm glad Winnie found a friend too. Have fun.