Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Christmas Part 3/Santa Barbara

This is the view as you come into Santa Barbara! This is where my brother Matt and his wife live. While in Cali Trent and I also visited my two brothers that live there. Thanks to Trent's parents for letting us borrow the car!
What a perfect sign for the time of year. I always chuckle a little when I pass this sign but this time (we were stuck in traffic) I snapped a shot. What normally would have taken us 2 hours took over three. Let's just say Trent and I both lost our patience.
This is my cutie little nephew Justin. He is 2 1/2. He got shin guards and socks for Christmas and wears them all the time. They didn't have a pump yet so he would just kick the flat soccer ball up and down the hall. It was so cute, of course I shot a video but once again the lighting was terrible. sorry!
My mom and dad gave him this buzz and he loved this toy. He sort of had already broken the hand off but you could rig it to fit back in. When Lyndsi (my sister-in-law) told him she wouldn't fix it anymore, he came to me. Well of course I'm going to fix it, I don't get to see him very often so I want him to like me. He then proceeded to stand it on the ground, say "to infinity and beyond" and then kick it. Needless to say I fixed the hand A LOT.
This is his little grin and him saying pllllleeeeeaaaaasssseee, when he wanted me to fix his buzz. How can you resist? Matt had practice that night so we went to Lyndsi's parents house and had dinner and hung out for a bit until Matt got home. Then we just hung out and talked and Trent and I drove back to LaShelle's later that night. I am so grateful for family and even though we are all so far from eachother how close we all stay. I LOVE YOU GUYS!

1 comments:

Shumways said...

Oh, my gosh---Justin is soooo cute! Thanks for updating--it's fun to hear about your Christmas. Love you!!!
Kim