Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Christmas Part 2/California

Oh Utah! These are the beautiful mountains Christmas morning on our way to California. Like I said in the blog before we took off after opening our gifts and drove 10 hours to California. Utah got like 6" of snow Christmas Eve night but the next day the weather was great. It was so nice to be able to visit family and spend a few days where jeans and a shirt were plenty warm. I miss the mountains.
Weenie is such a good traveler. He sleeps the whole time. He will fall sleep anywhere. He loves Trent's mom and follows her everywhere. He will even get locked in closets because he will follow her and she won't know it. Then a couple minutes later we will here him whining somewhere and have to search for him. He slept with her most of the ride to California.
This is LaShelle's (Trent's sister) little boy John. He will turn 5 in February. The last little while they put him in Hockey, no not roller hockey, ICE hockey. I honestly thought that no 4 year old could skate let alone play hockey. Man was I wrong. He is the smallest but the best. There is a video of him below and yes that is actually him. We went and watched him play and every time he would score a goal he would put his stick in the air and yell. (something I'm sure his dad taught him) We are so proud of you Johnny!
This is him getting ready for practice. He is so dang cute. They don't make equipment small enough so LaShelle had to improvise and sew a little bit.
These are LaShelle's 2 year old twins. Ava on the left and Ana on the right. They will be three in May. They have grown up so much and are so much fun. I love when I come into a room and they both start yelling my name and come running for me. I had the cutest video of Ava feeding Ana ice cream but it didn't really turn out. Maybe Trent can fix the color. This was after Johnny's hockey practice at On The Border. I had the best Chicken Quesadilla ever. It had yummy cheese and avacados. The chips and salsa were really good too.
The twins right before hockey practice. It gets super cold in the arena so they had about 4 shirts on. They ride those little scooter things everywhere.
Go Ana Go! She is on one of those toys that you sit on and then turn the wheel and you spin around. I remember always wanting one of those toys when I was little, so yes, I actually got on and spun, it was more fun than I could have imagined.


This is the video, I hope you enjoy. Don't let it make you feel stupid because a 4 year old can ice skate better than you can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Emily & T,
You should see John skate now!!! He has really improved. He has his hockey stop down and usually scores 5-7 goals per game. We have enrolled him in both Thurs and Monday nights. He just loves it. Punky, his teacher says he does better than most of her 6-7 year olds she teaches. I'll have to send you a video. Or, maybe you'll have to take another trip to Cali.....We could always go down to LA again. (shhhhh, don't tell Jason!!!)LOL!

We miss you guys and love ya!! The girls keep saying they want to see you and Weenie! They just love him. I bet Weenie misses going into their rooms each night when they go to bed. I thought that was soooo cute. Thanks for posting these pics. I love to see them. You'll have to e-mail me some of the pics you took. They are soooo cute.

Talk to you soon.
Love,
LaShelle

April said...

Holy cow, I am so sorry about the luggage, what a pain. But looks like a good time had by all. I didnt' know you guys went to Cali, I bet it was nicer than the Utah weather. So are you home alone now or is Trent home now?