Tuesday, January 8, 2008

ok finally a christmas post. PART 1



These are pictures of a couples days before Christmas. We had so much fun on Christmas Eve with Trent's brother and his family and Ray and Janet. It's always nice to be around family. When I first arrived in Utah I was not really in the Christmas spirit. The airline lost my luggage so I had nothing and we are talking nothing. I only had the backpack and the clothes on my back. So I pouted the whole way home we all went to sleep and then I woke up anxious to call the airline. YES! They found my bag and it was at the SLC airport and they would bring it to me shortly. Well it didn't make it to me until almost 9 that night, BUT at least they found it. Christmas Eve Day we decided to go to a movie with Janet and Ray. We got to the theater and saved a couple seats. A few minutes before the movie started they still weren't there so Glen called them. Well to make a long story short, we went to different theaters. We were in Layton and they were in Ogden. We watched I am Legend. I was definitely not prepared for how scary it was. I still liked it but would have liked a warning. That night everyone came over and we had the best smoked turkey ever (my first time having it) and so much more. After that we read the Christmas story and played all the games that are usually played. My favorite game is the candy bar game. You roll dice and if you get doubles or seven or eleven then you get to pick a candy bar out of the middle and put it in your sack. You try to be sneaky because someone can take your candy bar if they remember what you have. Anyone who knows me knows that I LOVE candy! Then we sat around and talked and then went to bed and waited for Santa Clause. Christmas morning we went to Blayne's house to watch the kids open presents and had breakfast. Shortly after that we went and opened our gifts and then took off for California. I know this blog is getting long so that is why this is part 1. Part 2 and so on will come in the next days until I am caught up on Christmas. Hope everyone had good Holidays.

1 comments:

Shumways said...

Em-Sounds fun! I am glad you were with family for Christmas. Love you.
Kim