Tuesday, February 5, 2008

it's about time

well now that i am back from the dead i thought i would catch up on life. i have been sick for two weeks now. first with the flu (for 4 days) then a cold (for 6 days) then it went to my chest for the past (5 days). finally yesterday i called my uncle (who is an ear nose and throat doctor) and i told him my symptoms and asked him if i should go to a doctor or not. Well he just bypassed that and called me in a prescription. yeah for awesome uncle's!!!!!!!! today i feel much better but i am just very ready to be totally healthy.

it has been a hard couple of weeks after missing three days of work i came back and my coworker got sick. since there is just the two of us i have been working for the past week alone. talk about like 9 hours of overtime. i have been very busy at work, i am in the process of designing three kitchens and fixing all the problems left from another coworker that quit. today after three months of working with this family, they finally came to an agreement and the floor plan was settled and they gave me a $4000.00 deposit! i absolutely love what i do but sometimes peoples indecisiveness drives me crazy. i am not one to "shop" around. once i find what i like i stick to it. but it's fun and keeps me really busy. once i get some pictures from a kitchen i designed i will post them.

well now about trent. school got off to a fast start. he has three classes and then a seminar class. he took a business class this semester to see what it was like. you will have to ask him what he thinks but from what i gather he doesn't like it very much. he feels like he is not learning anything in the class and the teacher just assigns busy work. i think he feels that way because it relates nothing to engineering. he also has a stats class where the teacher does not use a book. i mean come on who doesn't use a book for a math class. that's just crazy. overall i think he is enjoying school but anxious to get it over with. there is a job fair coming up and he is excited to see his different options and get his name out there. my vote is to move somewhere warm all the time. who knows.

sunbeams is going well. a lot better than the first week. we had kids running all over the primary room, a kid punched me in the face and a little girl screamed so loud you would have thought she was being tortured. i have come up with little ways to keep them interested during sharing time and games to play while in class. three year olds are so cute but don't have much of an attention span so we switch things up a lot. i am enjoying it but i'm not sure how trent feels but i think we are starting to get the hang of things and have a good plan. well that catches us up. next time i'll post some pictures from the super bowl. so glad the giant's won!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

The Little's said...

One neat thing our Sunbeams teacher did was a prayer sticker chart. Each time a child offered to say the prayer, they got a sticker next to their name. Then, at the end of the month, the teacher cut up the chart and sent each child home with his or her set of stickers they had earned. Just thought if you needed an idea...

Lisa M said...

glad your feeling better! I'm happy the Giants won too I DID NOT want the Patriots to win at all. I bet Sundays are always an interesting day for you =)I know that'd exhaust me having to teach the sunbeams.

April said...

I am so sorry you were so sick, no fun. Glad you like your job. I would too, I wish I would've done that. Remember you need to move back so when I move into a big house you can help me.

Sarah B. said...

I understand what you mean about the Sunbeams. I am first counselor in the Primary and we have some crazy little Sunbeams too, They are so cute, and very busy! I am glad you are feeling better...that flu is the worst! Take care!