Monday, September 14, 2009

birthday weekend....

on our way to birthday dinner at.......

this yummy bbq place called the salt lick! this place is out in the middle of nowhere, takes only cash and only has like 4 things on the menu. but it was DELICIOUS! trent and i both got the combo plate which included brisket, sausage and ribs! it also came with coleslaw and potato salad. i don't normally like coleslaw but it was actually pretty good. after dinner we were off to...

home for cake! well ice cream cake!

trent made me my very own birthday ice cream cake. i love that i have a husband who can do anything and i mean ANYTHING. he is so incredible.

texas is famous for their blue bell ice cream and so as appropriate as it was i picked out the flavor birthday cake. it included vanilla ice cream, sprinkles and chocolate cake pieces. then trent made a buttery graham cracker crust and topped it off with more sprinkles (cause i love them!)

when we went to the car to go to dinner this was sitting on my seat, i'm not sure how trent knew i wanted a hanna montana bag, but i love it! also in that bag were reeces peanut butter cups, and a pink crown that lite up and oh yes best thing of all.....a trip to the day spa! i have never been and we actually have one right here in our apartment complex.

and here is the end product......

me with my pink crown blowing out my candles.....i'll let you know later if my wish came true!
this was all on friday my actual birthday. saturday morning we woke up and trent made me oatmeal pancakes and bacon for breakfast and we just hung out all day. then sunday my texas friends through me a party and it was so much fun. it was so nice to be surrounded by friends and just relax. they had it all planned and had cookies and cupcakes and dip and even a pinata! it was lips and i got the first crack at it. i ended it up blindfolded and knocking it off the string, so we just hit it on the ground until someone just yanked it open. then we hung out and pretty much played rock band until about 12:30. i really appreciate what everyone did and just want to thank you all! i had one of the greatest birthdays and didn't even really think about turning 26. it's hard to believe i'm that old....until next year!

7 comments:

Christin said...

Looks like a fun birthday.

Christin

The Little's said...

I love it! I'm so glad you had a great day...I thought of you!

Lyndsi said...

What a sweet husband you have...nice job Trent! Glad you had a good birthday, wish we were there for it.

Sarah B. said...

Happy Happy Birthday, my dear!

Tiffany Radcliffe said...

Love you em and miss you hope you had an awesome bday!!! greg keeps asking me if you are preggers yet lol

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a fun birthday!! Happy BeLated Birthday Emily

Lisa M said...

What a good hubby you have, it sounds like a fun time