Friday, September 18, 2009

4 plates in 2 years

yes, i have had 4 plates in the last 2 years. i am hoping to keep the texas one for a very long time!

on labor day three years ago we were headed to cheyenne to visit my family and we got pulled over TWICE by the same COP in the same weekend. both times were for the stupid front license place. i seriously don't understand why it's such a big deal. as long as i have a back plate then who cares. they only give you one plate to put on the back of your car in indiana, and i think every state should be like that. so THIS labor day we got pulled over as well for not having a stupid front plate. i had just registered it TWO days before and trent didn't have time to put the front one on yet.
well a couple nights later we headed over to good old home depot and trent got some bolts and such and proceeded to put the plate on. well what we didn't know was that there was a ton of foam behind the bumper and so trent wouldn't be able to just drill holes and reach his hand up to tighten the bolts so............he took the entire bumper off. doesn't my car look totally messed up?

i seriously thought that this was going to turn into a nightmare, but it actually ended up being really easy and took less than an hour. drilling the holes was the coolest part for me. seriously my husband can do anything.

i was super picky about the placement of the plate so that took some time to get EXACTLY centered.

and here she is! it's really weird to have the plate on the front. as long as i've had the car there has never been a front plate. but i'm glad it's done and i'm glad i'm legal and won't have to worry about stupid policeman pulling me over anymore for my front plate.

4 comments:

April said...

Good thing you have a handy husband. Yeah I'd stay in Texas for a bit. But cool to live in 4 states in 2 years. Fun adventures. Looks like you had a good b-day and are loving Texas. Can't wait to come visit sometime.
(look at me inviting myself.)

SassAFrass said...

I have heard of this before. I don't have a front plate either. But have yet to be pulled over. So till that day happens... I think I am good. Plus my placement on my car would be way off if i did it myself. :)

Lyndsi said...

aint she a beauty with a front plate...good job Trent, and good eye Emily!

Bryan + Juli said...

Oh I hate the front plate law... kinda pointless if you ask me, but hey if you've gotta have one at least yours is centered and on straight!