Thursday, January 7, 2010

package from england

i just had to post this. we taught weenie to beg on his hind legs and now he does it all the time. this particular time he stayed there for about 2 minutes. i don't know how he kept his balance the whole time, but trent and i were dying laughing. of course he was rewarded immensely.

this post is more for my parents then anyone. most won't really care but i had to post it for my parents to see. this package was sent from my parents in england with very fragile things inside. when i saw this i about died.....i seriously almost started to cry, but i figured i better open it first before i get all bent out of shape.

this reminds me of the show ace ventura, pet detective when he pretends to be a delivery guy and kicks and punches and stomps on the package he's taking to a guy. i'm not sure what the postal person was doing, but it sure makes me mad that people are so careless.

this is one of the things inside that package. i already knew what it was (because it's been a tradition for years) and i couldn't wait to get it open.

of course weenie always has to be in the mix of everything. i think he could smell the yummy england chocolate that my mom had sent.

every christmas (i believe since i was 8) my parents started a tradition with my sister and i. they would give us tiny tea sets. i never knew this until the other day when my mom told me that her dad had given her a tea set and it was so precious to her that my parents wanted to start something for us that we could treasure.

i'm carefully unwrapping every piece and silently praying that none of it is broken.

AND...none of it was. i love getting these tea sets from my parents because i know how much time they take to find them and make them special just for me. this years tea set is made from the same china the queen uses. i feel super important. the house on the front is exactly how the houses look there. i can't wait to move into our house so i can finally display all my beautiful tea sets. thanks so much mom and dad, these are so precious to me. love you both!

4 comments:

Rubyjuice said...

That is a great tradition, and it sure is beautiful! Glad none of it was broken. I sure wish people would take better care of the things they are delivering. Your parents are so great, i know they are doing wonderfully in England!

Sarah B. said...

Ahhh...I love your parents!

Randy and Haley Davis Family said...

I love that tradition... I am so glad it did not break!!!

Lyndsi said...

wow, that tea set is beautiful and does look just like the houses there.....glad it got there in tact!! Wish I could've been there for the scones and cinnamon rolls!