Thursday, September 1, 2011

Kitchen Remodel


           BEFORE          
                                                                      
AFTER
 This kitchen was so fun to remodel.  I love when I am able to be as creative as I want to be and know the client trusts me.  We kept the layout the same but that was about it.  Obviously we changed the color from yellow oak to antique white with chocolate distressing and wormholes.  We also added in a couple of antique black cabinets to really make a statement. I built in the fridge and made the cabinet above it deeper so it was actually usable.  Every base cabinet has rollout cabinets in them and the drawers have soft close, AMAZING.

Not much changed along this wall other then the two black cabinets and I took the microwave cabinet all the way to the ceiling and made it deeper than the two on either side of it.  Above the ovens are 4 tray dividers.  my client is SUPER organized and an amazing baker.

 If you look closely at the before picture you will notice a little bit to the left of the fridge there is a hanging picture and in the after picture there is actually a cabinet, YAY! more cabinet space is always a plus.  We also added glass to the big cabinet (trent is adding lighting to it) and we put in a nice big 3 drawer cabinet.  not only is nice for storage but it's really pretty too!

I love love love the Island.  I made it a foot bigger and pulled it a foot farther from the fridge.  So now they won't be pressed up against the Island every time they open the fridge, they might even be able to walk past if the fridge is open.  I also really like how she went with a different material for the Island top.  Maple butcher block.  Makes it look like a piece of furniture instead of kitchen cabinets.

Oh the laundry room
my client is super organized as I said before and it was killing her that she had no storage space in the laundry/pantry, so again I built in the fridge and added some over head cabinets and she was set!

i really love what I do and am grateful for the opportunity to have my business and work with such great people.  my client and I became great friends and Mya LOVES her!  It's such a great feeling to be able to help people create their perfect kitchen and to see their reaction when it's all put together.  LOVE IT!


5 comments:

Dan, Lauren, and Sadie said...

WOW good job emily! that kitchen is AMAZING im pretty sure i am in love with everything about it!!!

Christin said...

Wow that looks amazing. I'm impressed.

SassAFrass said...

Wow Em this looks amazing! I didn't know you were still doing design> I remember you told me over a year ago that you were getting your business license to open your own company but i didn't know you had been doing anything with it. Thats awesome. Glad you are using your degree. Mine is just collecting dust. :) One day I will need to pick your brain on how you do it all.

Bryan + Juli said...

Awesome remodel!! I like all of the crisp contrast and that you took the cabinets to the ceiling. Nice work em!!

ashley @ little miss momma said...

Em, this is AMAZING! You are so so so talented! and this kitchen is so my style! xoxo, ash