Sunday, July 14, 2013

swimming lessons




swim lessons were a disaster.  We did a semi-private with Mya's BFF.  I didn't realize until we got there and Mya freaked that her teacher was male.  For some reason she just doesn't like men.  (I'm actually really ok with and prefer this continues into her teens)  So her teacher asked one of the other teachers who was free if she could come help.  She introduced her self to Mya and had Mya in the pool in about 5 seconds.  Which I thought was great!  But that's about all Mya would do.  She would constantly look at me and whine my name.  She was NOT having fun at all.  It was a very torturous half hour.  I wasn't sure I would continue the rest of the week.  I contemplated just calling it quits.  But I also didn't want Mya to learn she could just quit things.  So we stuck it out and each day got a little better BUT not with Ben.  Poor guy I felt bad for him but he/they were really good about it and super good with Mya and her BFF.  We really should have paid for private because really that's what we got.  But Ben kept insisting he would rather her feel comfortable with the water than worry about the money.  They had 4 lessons and by the end of the week Mya was pretty comfortable.  On the last day she even let her teacher take her under, just once, but at least she did it.
I was worried that if I didn't do something, either more lessons or actually go to the pool that it would all be in vain.  I was determined not to waste the swim lessons so we've been going to our neighborhood pool a few times a week.
this is at our neighbors pool but she loves to swim.  She still doesn't really like to get her face wet or go under, but she loves swimming all around kicking her feet and teaching us all the things she learned during swim class.  Yay!  Go Mya!

Maci on the other hand is going to be a little fish. She wants to just swim, swim, swim.  As soon as you get her in the water she just kicks and kicks her little feet:) I have a feeling she will be my little dare devil.



0 comments: