Friday, November 22, 2013

Maci is 1

Height: 28 1/2
Weight: 19lb 12oz

My sweet Maci, I can't believe you are 1.  You are just the sweetest little baby.  I have loved watching you grow up this last year.  You are one feisty girl and know how to get your way.  You LOVE food and all food.  It doesn't matter if you've just eaten.  If someone else has food you act as though you've never been fed.  It's pretty cute.  You have started to play with toys a little better.  I love watching you try to figure out a puzzle or pretend to read a book.  One of my favorite things is to watch you try to put in a hair clip.  You try over and over wondering why it just won't stick to your head. 

You still have a deep love for you sister.  Everyone morning when you see her you grunt until she comes for a hug.  You love doing everything she is doing.  Your favorite thing is to "push" her in the play car.  You two are so sweet.  You have your moments (you pull hair) but for the most part you are so sweet.

You have started to slowly warm up to the idea of walking.  You love to walk holding on to someones hands and have even started walking short distances.  You love to stand and you look around waiting for us to make a big fuss.  I am not sure if I'm ready for you to walk but it would be nice when we are out places.  You just don't want to be held you want to go go go!

You are still a champ napper and usually nap 2-3 hours in the morning and then 1 1/2-2 hours in the afternoon.  Most nights you sleep 11-12 hours.  THANK YOU!  We turned you around in the car and you didn't seem to care much until you realized that you could see me and the TV.  It's a little tricky because now that you can see me all you want is my attention and get pretty mad that I don't focus on just you while I'm driving but you are learning. 

You still want me all the time but are happy with dad if you can't see me.  You stopped nursing just after you turned one and never seemed to look back.  I can't get you to drink milk so you eat lots of cheese and yogurt.  You will drink water if it has ice in it. (just like me)

I have loved watching you grow but each milestone has made me a little sad this year.  I know how quickly the time goes and will soon not be my baby anymore.  I want you to know how much you are loved and what a great spirit you have.  Happy Birthday Sweet baby! We love you Maci girl!

0 comments: