Monday, March 31, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday!

Friday was Weenie's first birthday. I decided to make cupcakes to watch basketball ( I love cupcakes and March Madness) and so we let Weenie have a couple for his birthday. We try really hard not to give him any people food because our type of dog can get really fat and have back problems and usually have to be put to sleep and the doctor warned us to be careful. BUT, I have to admit that we give him people food sometimes. For example: Thanksgiving Ham, he would have eaten the whole thing if I let him. Apples and Caramel. Trent and I like to test him to see if we can find something he won't eat. So far we have not succeeded. He thinks he is a human and must eat human food. He usually comes to beg food from me first because I'll always give in. Trent usually just pushes him away and makes him get off the couch. We all know is the mean one of the family. Just kidding. I love having weenie around, I didn't have pets growing up and so it's been a fun thing to see how dogs are and to train them and love them. I am sure once we start a family, Weenie will be the low man (dog) on the pole, but for now he is my pride and joy! Happy Birthday little guy!



6 comments:

Lauren said...

So cute! Our cat, Leeroi is going to be 6 tomorrow and we're totally having a party with friends for him! haha

Unknown said...

How fun! That is so cute that you made him cupcakes. Happy Birthday Weenie!

April said...

Happy B-day Weenie. Oh I love that dog. Someday I will talk Trent into one I jsut know it.

Lisa M said...

I love celebrating my animals birthdays its just a good excuse to eat junk food =)

Milmonster said...

Even though I think Weenie is a good looking dog, his eyes were pretty darn scary in that picture.

Sarah B. said...

Happy Birthday, Weenie! Now I want to eat some cupcakes...Oh and I just laughed and laughed at the post with Trent and the police officer. That was great. Love ya, girl!