Thursday, April 10, 2008

"Where is fancy bread, in the heart or in the head?"

Anybody know what movie that's from? To all you that read our page, how is it that my (Trent) post about the 311 concert got only 2 comments while Emily's story of Weiner's b-day currently has 6? Am I a bad story teller? Is Weiner is more popular than 311? Does anybody like me? In all likelihood, probably a combination of all three. So, if you have never commented on anything I have written on the site, now is your chance because I am going to say a whole bunch of awesome stuff.
Example of awesome stuff: the quote is Willy Wonka.
Also awesome, I finished my midterms today which is such a relief. Two weeks of class left, then finals. Em and I are going to Chicago this weekend to attend some sort of cabinetry gala. I'm sure Emily will leave a posting about it and I'm sure it will get four or five times more comments and this one does, but whatever.
Also, Emily cooks this wicked chicken-vegetable stuff in the oven with rice. She likes to follow recipes and do things correctly in the kitchen. I am the opposite and just do what feels right. I like to cook chicken stir-fry, sometimes BBQ style, sometimes ranchified, sometimes teriyaki, and sometimes a little whatever. This lame word processor just said I misspelled teriyaki, but I looked it up and it is right - so suck it computer!
Also of note, I am in love with Penn Station. They don't exist where I come from, so to me they're new. If you've ever had their cheese-steak, you know what I'm talking about. If you have never been there but one day get the chance, remember this: cheese-steak with pizza sauce and malt vinegar (however, I usually pick off most of the cheese because I'm not big on cheese, but that's just me). Mamacita!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You're posts are great, Bob! We really enjoyed the 311 post, and I told Kyle to leave a comment on it, but apparantly he is "too cool" for blogging. So you probably won't ever get any comments from him. You also have to realize that most of the readers are probably girls, and to them Weenie IS more exciting than 311.
Anyway, congrats on getting the midterms over with, and have a fantastic time in Chicago!! We are hoping to go visit Wes up there sometime, but we'll see. He might move to China! (isn't that crazy?!)

Unknown said...

Okay crazy pants---14 times. Don't you think that 14 times is a tad bit bolistic? Indulgent? Or any other words that create the makeup of the fact that you've lost it a long time ago.
311 was cool when you were like 15, and somehow--- you know how you wet the bed when you were like a five year old---guess what? You don't have to do it again now that your freaken 27 or almost 28.
Sit down with a piece of paper tonight, and write out your long term goals, and some short term. Do you see how 311 is not there? Junk it then! If you do see 311 for yours and Emily's 50th wedding anniversary celebration, then you might as well cuddle up with a stuffed animal tonight and pee all over your bed too.
Excessive behavior should be to your bettering---not to the occasional dropping of F-bombs and whoknowswhatsit-bombs, mingled with "we continue to go on tour and have multiple sex partners though wether or not we have STDs' is at large," or isn't this concert great dear? I sure wish that we could see passed all the herb smoke and the drunk couple that is singing and yelling at each other in front of us.
In all reality Bob--- I don't really care. I don't write blogs, or comments.
Amy said that you wrote something and requested some attention, so here I am.
I hope my comment made you feel like your going to hell. Now maybe you'll stop writing stuff for good, and leave it to that genius that keeps writing about that weiner dog of yours. I love that weiner dog! Give me some more Weenie's birthday stories and I'll be booming. Wow, Weenie Birthday!
CHANTING - Weenie! Weenie! Weenie! I LOVE WEENIE!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEENIE! I'm so sorry that I couldn't go to your birthday party. And you're one year old and all! And you have such a cool name, "Weenie Christensen." Has a ring to it don't you think? But don't worry little buddy, next time I see you I'll be sure to give you a big open mouth kiss to make up for it. You HOT dog you. GRrrr! Weenie, you big one year old weiner dog you.
Weee weee weee weenie weener. Weenier! You're a winner Weenie!

Love you Bob. Don't let your wife read this comment. She might be offended. It just between you-- me-- and that HOT dog of yours!
Hope to see you guys this summer (especially WEENIE)!

Peace out.
Kyle

Teachbug said...

the quote : "where is fancy bread? in the heart...or in the head"
comes from the original willy wonka movie.
Ur welcome :)

Anonymous said...

willy wonka- quoted from Shakespeare Merchant of Venice

Tell me where is fancy bred,

Or in the heart or in the head,

How begot, how nourished?

Reply, reply.


It is engend'red in the eyes,

With gazing fed; and fancy dies

In the cradle where it lies.

Let us all ring fancy's knell:

I'll begin it.—Ding, dong, bell.

dan said...

.comment.

Anonymous said...

good afternoon everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I had been digging for that meticulous brand. The prices as regards the sneakers are approximately 190 bucks on every site. But completely I found this area selling them as a remedy for half price. I in reality like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly buy those. what do you think?

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.