Tuesday, March 3, 2009

wyoming and 20/15 vision

while trent went to maryland i took a trip to wyoming to visit my sister and her family. while i was there i was there i was able to watch daniel play two basketball games on his traveling team, he is number 30 and a short video of him is below.

conner loved sitting by the door watching the kids play outside, but if he saw kim or i walk by he would cry and want to be held, little stinker.

look how chunky he is!

the day i flew in kim and sam picked me up and we were able to go to the temple. the two older kids were in school and i watched sammy and conner while kim and sam attended. it was fun to spend some time with sammy, the kid never stops going.

sammy loved the fountain and so did conner-it was the only thing that kept him calm for the last half hour, he was hungry but there wasn't anything i could do for him.

conner would not stop looking at sammy.

sammy was starving so he couldn't stop eating his snacks to have a picture with me.

i guess you are probably wondering why i put 20/15 vision in the title. well yesterday morning i had lasik surgery. it is the best thing i have ever done. the entire thing from parking and going in to getting back in the car took 1 1/2 hours. trent took me down and watched the surgery from the big windows. the first machine took about 17 seconds an eye, that machine lasered the flap in my cornea. after that they took me to a different room where i sat in a massage chair for about ten minutes. then they put me on a different machine which reshaped my eye and only took 5 seconds an eye. then i was done. i thought recovery would be worse than it actually is. i really don't feel like i just had surgery. i slept a lot of yesterday but that was because they gave me valum(sp) to calm my nerves and my eyes get a little dry but i just put some eye drops in. i can't even tell you how excited i am to be out of glasses and not have to try contacts anymore. i went for my postop today and i see 20/15 in both eyes. yesterday i went in with 20/60 in my right eye and 20/150 in my left eye. what a difference huh! so if anyone reading this is thinking of doing lasik but is nervous or not wanting to spend the money it is TOTALLY worth it. this wouldn't have happend without trent. he was the one that kept nudging me to do it. he is incredible and i am so glad he kept asking me if i had made an appointment. thanks babe, i love you!

5 comments:

April said...

Oh so jealous, I want it so bad. Where did you go, was the price bad? I guess someday, its not that I"m scared, well I am, but its just justifing the money. Oh I can't wait to talk to you about it and see your cute face without glasses, so jealous.

Unknown said...

That's so awesome about the lasik! I wasn't interested, but several people I know have had it done and have told me that it's amazing! Maybe someday...if we can ever afford it. :)

Lisa M said...

Congrats on the Lasik! Thats exciting for you, glad to hear that it wasnt a bad procedure.

Your nephews are so adorable! Don't you love being an aunt? Oh hey are you guys back in Utah? Are you guys planning on staying there long?

SassAFrass said...

I am so excited for you that you finally had it! I can't wait to see you. I bet your loving life with out the glasses.

The Little's said...

Oh, I want Lasik so bad! Will you talk MY husband in to it?