Monday, May 13, 2013

mothers day

Mothers Day is turning out to be a day that I dread.  Every year since I have become a mother someone has been sick so I haven't been able to enjoy being spoiled because I'm taking care of all the sickies.  This year wasn't any different except we were ALL sick:( Maci seems to be the worst and there is nothing I can do for her.  It's pretty miserable.  It's no fun taking care of sick kids and it's even worse to take care of sick kids when I'm sick.  I've said this before but moms should be immune to getting sick.  On a lighter note one of my dear friends brought us chicken noodle soup and some otter-pops because my throat was on fire.  They have paid off in more ways than one. 
 In true Mya style she decided she was done with diapers.  Ya, talk about a crazy Mothers Day.  I put Maci down for a nap and went to shower to try to ease my aches.  When I came back down Trent was asleep on the couch and Mya was sitting on the floor watching a show with no diaper.  I asked her why she didn't have a diaper and she said, "I'm done with diapers and ready for my big girl Minnie underwears." I should've been more prepared because I knew this would happen.  This is her true style, when she decides then that's that.  She was done nursing two days before she turned one and never looked back.  She decided (before her big girl room was ready) that she was done with her crib and ready for her big girl bed.  So I couldn't exactly tell her that I wasn't ready for her to potty train.  I mean I've been slowly getting things ready.  We have a potty and I bought some underwear but that's as far as I've gotten.  I wanted to buy a book and read it with her. I wanted to have a bunch of things for her for when she did go in the potty.  So I was scrambling for ideas.  So before I put her big girls on I talked to her about the potty and that we don't go in our Minnie's or else they get ruined.  She was excited about the idea of Minnie underwear but didn't want to sit on the potty.  I was stuck on how to get her to sit on the potty.  Then I remembered I had otter pops!!!!!!!!  This worked like a charm and she knows that she gets one every time she sits on the potty.  Yesterday was no success.  She would peep (what Mya calls it) like 2 minutes after I had her sit on the potty.  AH!
Today so far has been a success.  I've been having her sit on the potty every 15 minutes since she woke up.  I was starting to get discouraged because after two hours she hadn't gone but also glad that there hadn't been any accidents.  But I knew it was inevitable that there would be.  Well lo and behold she came running over kind of crossing her knees and I asked her if she needed to go.  She said YES! and went running over to the potty and peeped, wahoo!!  I know it's still early but I'm so proud of her.  Good job Mya!

0 comments: